livet, håpet og kjærligheten - life, hope, and love

This is a blog that (till now) is about life, hope and love. My everyday experiences as a human being, struggling with warious matters in life, but also moments of happiness, good things in life. Ingunn

Sunday, March 19, 2006

ode to insomnia - across the Great Divide















Foto: N. Pettersen


I`ve been walkin in my sleep
Countin troubles stead of countin sheep
Where the years went I can`t say
I just turned around and they`ve gone away
I´ve been siftin´ through the layers
Of dusty books and faded papers
They tell a story I used to know
And it was one that happend so long ago

It´s gone away in yesterday
Now I find myself on the mountainside
Where the rivers change direction
Across the Great Divide

Now, I heard the owl-acallin`
Softly as the night was fallin`
With a question and I replied
But he`s gone across the borderline

The finest hour that I have seen
Is the one that comes between
The edge of night and the break of day
It`s when the darkness rolls away


Kate Wolf

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home